Lab Ordering Essentials: Organic Acids Labs
May 3-Jun 2, 2023
This course helps you overcome the challenges of getting started with ordering organic acids labs. Organic acid tests are complex, nuanced, and hard to explain to patients. Using our patient education system, you will learn to clearly lay out the value and purpose of these tests. Once you master these skills, the cost of the lab kit will no longer be a barrier for your patients. We will teach you specific patient education concepts you can apply immediately to explain how these lab results will directly impact your patients' health and speed their road to recovery. As you develop your patient communication skills, you will be able to describe the origins and various applications of organic acids testing as it relates to a multitude of patient health complaints. Students who master the techniques taught in this course can easily sell organic acid tests to the vast majority of their patients.
Organic acids testing can be applied to a variety of patient populations: Evaluate patients with many common day to day complaints including weight gain, fatigue, depression, anxiety, insomnia and allergies, as well as disorders such as metabolic syndrome, imbalance brain chemistry, and oxidative stress.
- Learn what are the best organic acids test kits to order for an assessment of metabolism, brain function, nutrient levels, and detoxification capacity. There are many choices and it is confusing.
- Understand the types of patients best suited for organic acids tests
- Master the scripts that will guide patients through a step by step process of understanding the purpose of lab testing in functional medicine and convince them to buy an organic acids test kit before they leave your office
- Gain the confidence required to answer any patient questions and address the most common concerns patients have: it’s too expensive, why can’t I do this test with my regular doctor through my insurance, what’s the point in testing, all my regular lab work shows I’m fine…
- We will review the condition description technique which has proven effective in hundreds of practice settings worldwide - this communication technique allows you to personalize your explanations as to why a test is important for a given patient
- Learn about our next step educationally for you, our Lab Interpretation workshops, in which you can learn the basics of how to interpret these lab reports and develop life changing supplement programs based on lab data and time tested protocols used by generations of practitioners
- Pre-recorded lectures paired with LIVE Q&A calls
- Live calls with Dr. Dan Kalish at 4pm, PT: 5/3, 5/17
- All live calls are recorded so you can listen to them when convenient for your schedule
- 6-Month access to course materials
Invite-only Facebook Group for collaboration with other enrolled practitioners.
Live calls with Dr. Dan Kalish at 4pm, PT: 5/3, 5/17 (all recorded and available to enrolled students)
Access to course materials for 6 months, so you can learn at your own pace!
This class is for all practitioners interested in learning about how to use organic acids testing for issues relating to mitochondrial health, neurotransmitter balance, detoxification and oxidative stress. The course also introduces the central concepts around lab-based nutrient evaluations and screening for genetic issues. These tests can be used to evaluate patients with many common day-to-day complaints including weight gain, fatigue, depression, anxiety, insomnia and allergies, as well as disorders such as metabolic syndrome, imbalance brain chemistry, and oxidative stress. Organic acids testing can be applied to a variety of patient populations. From those interested in longevity and extending lifespan, to people dealing with complex chronic illness, organic acids give you insight into metabolomics, genomics and proteomics at the deepest biochemical level imaginable.