Duncan Macdonald is a licensed acupuncturist and Functional medicine practitioner with over 19 years of clinical experience. He graduated with his Masters of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine from American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 1999.
- In 2003 Duncan Macdonald co-founded Secara, a professional integrative medicine products company.
- He has advanced training in orthopedic medicine under the National Board of Acupuncture Orthopedics and sits on the board of the National Board of Acupuncture and Internal Medicine.
- Duncan has completed the advanced curriculum and certification under the Kalish Institute of Functional Medicine. He now teaches as senior faculty at the Kalish Institute preparing the next generation of practitioners in advanced functional lab interpretation and protocol design.
- Duncan sees patients in person at his Origins Medicine’s San Francisco location where he blends the latest in Functional Medicine with the ancient healing knowledge of acupuncture and Chinese medicine.
- He also assists patients globally through telemedicine, and has lectured extensively to both the general public and other healthcare providers on Functional Medicine, Acupuncture, and traditional Chinese medicine, including the Spine Center at UCSF Medical Center.