Michael H. Cohen
Michael H. Cohen
Michael H. Cohen is a healthcare and FDA attorney and the founder of the Cohen Healthcare Law Group. Michael and his legal team provide strategies and solutions to practices and businesses that accelerate health and wellness.
- Michael served as an assistant professor at Harvard Medical School, as an adjunct assistant professor at Harvard School of Public Health, and as Director of Legal Programs at the Harvard Medical School Division for Research and Education in Complementary and Integrative Medical Therapies.
- He also served as a consultant to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences and as the principal investigator on a grant awarded by the National Institutes of Health.
- Michael is the author of six leading books on healthcare law and policy, including Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Legal Boundaries and Regulatory Perspectives, published by Johns Hopkins University Press, and Healing at the Borderland of Medicine and Religion, published by the University of North Carolina Press.
- He has authored or co-authored over a hundred articles in law journals and in the peer-reviewed medical literature, including in Annals of Internal Medicine, Archives of Internal Medicine, Clinical Researcher, Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Pediatrics, Medical Journal of Australia, Contemporary Pediatrics, Journal of Epilepsy & Behavior, and Current Practice of Medicine.
- Michael is a thought leader, pioneering legal strategies and solutions for clients in traditional and emerging health and wellness markets. His clients include physicians and other healthcare practitioners, medical groups, medical spas, medical device makers, telemedicine ventures, online health and wellness companies, mobile medical app developers, technology ventures (including wearable, virtual, and augmented reality), sleep and addiction treatment facilities, integrative medicine centers, medical management services organizations (MSOs), and other healthcare industry members.
Michael received his JD from the Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, Berkeley; his MBA from the Haas School of Management, University of California, Berkeley; his BA from Columbia University; and his MFA from the Iowa Writers’ Workshop.